By accepting Platty + terms and conditions, you are agreeing that your contact details as provided above may be passed to the British Canoeing and Canoe England as the national governing body and home nation governing body respectively for the sport of canoeing who may contact you with information in connection with their products and/or services. The data will not be shared with any other third party for marketing or commercial purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
Tour Fees & Cancellations
Tour fee should be paid at time of booking. If payment is to be made by invoice cancellation fees will be charged at 25%, if notified in writing a month before course date and 100 % a week before. We reserve the right to cancel or change the activity, if there are any adverse conditions. We are non- residential.
You Will Need
- Plenty of warm clothing to wear
- Wind and waterproof outer clothing.
- Footwear may get wet and should have good non-slip soles.
- A complete change of clothes and a towel.
- A packed lunch and drink if you wish
- Amenities include heated male and female changing rooms and toilets.
- If during the course you suffer any physical or psychological injuries or damage to valuables occurs, please inform your coach.
- All participants wear the buoyancy aid provided and be confident in the water.
- Platty+ or any of its employees or agents do not accept responsibility for any loss damage or injury suffered by persons and/or their property arising out of or during this course whilst coaching unless such loss.
- Platty + must be informed, at the time of booking, of any medical condition affecting the participant, or of any medication taken by the participant that could affect their taking part in the above course. Platty +
- All bookings are accepted on the understanding that any instructions or directions given by any member of the centre’s staff are to be observed. Participants are asked to respect the equipment provided;
- Platty + reserves the right at all times to refuse or restrict the use of facilities. The right is also reserved to evict anyone who refuses to comply with the conditions as stipulated, or who behaves inappropriately.
- Participants are to wear suitable clothing and footwear.
The amenities available include classroom, changing rooms and toilet facilities. We operate on Derwentwater from the Lodore Boat Landings.
Please refer to the relevant event/course info page to find out if any prior experience is necessary.
Derwentwater is a large piece of open water which has the feel of a wild area but is generally sheltered by the surrounding mountains. Our qualified guides will make it accessible to all. The route of the tour is flexible to take into account the conditions on the day. There is always the back up of our powered safety craft.